Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16609 Discussions

File Location of "fpga_designer.zip"

rt11
Novice

I'm taking an Intel E-Learning Course titled:

"University Self-Guided Lab: Become an FPGA Designer in 4 Hours"

Where can I download the file "fpga_designer.zip"?  The file does not appear to be included with the resources of the class. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @rt11 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have feedback this to the internal team to help to fix this issue. 

Will let you know once the file is correctly reflected in the class resources. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @rt11 

The issue has been fixed and you should be able to find it in the class resources. 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
rt11
Novice

Richard Tan,

Thank you for uploading the files, I was able to proceed with the course. 

Note the "fpga_designer.zip" that was uploaded as the download resource for the class is an older version (I think it was v14.0 dated around 2014 ....this is from memory) for the course.  There are two Lab manual (pdf) which are separate download also provided as a resource for the class however these are version 17.0 dated 2017.  If one uses the v 17.0 lab manual with the provided files in "fpga_designer.zip" will find these are two different versions of the course and and are not compatible with each other (files are missing, named differently, and different/additional  steps are needed).  

The "fpga_designer.zip" had a Lab manual (pdf) included, which I eventually followed, and went with the files provided in the zip.   

These file mismatches will cause confusion with future students. 

Also took the following course:

Creating a System Design with Platform Designer: Getting Started

Creating a System Deisgn with Platform Designer: Finish the System

This course did not have the lab manual and resource files either. 

Thank you,

RT

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The Platform Designer course missing resource links are being fixed.

0 Kudos
Zaher_EE
Beginner

I'm also taking the same class, and I would like to confirm that the file is not available in the resources tab. 

0 Kudos