Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Generating a design in platform designer

aleks555
Beginner

I am trying to generate a design in the platform designer with just a clock module and HPS. I get the following message: Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: Error during execution of "{C:/intelfpga_lite/20.11/quartus/../nios2eds/Nios II Command Shell.bat} make all 2>> stderr.txt": child process exited abnormally

followed by around 100 lines starting with the "Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl:"

Tried Quartus lite 20.1 and 20.1.1 but always the same error.

I saw that this error happens also in 18.1 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000080619.html) and it says it is planned to be fixed in future release. When/which version of quartus will that be?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What is your target device and how do you have the memory interface set up with respect to the HPS in Platform Designer (PD)?  A screenshot of your PD system would be helpful.

The only device I can think of that would be SoC and supported in Lite would be Cyclone V.

0 Kudos
aleks555
Beginner

Yes, it is the Cyclone V (5CSEM). The design was originally implemented with Quartus 18 so it is a working solution (generating a new design with 20.1 doesn't work also).

0 Kudos
aleks555
Beginner
0 Kudos