Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

HLS not generating the VHDL output

NSuku1
Beginner

Hi,

I designed a matrix block using Intel HLS and compiled.. But why does it generate the Verilog output instead of VHDL ?

How to make it to generate the VHDL output?

Please help me.

Thanks,

Nivetha

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Intel's OpenCL and HLS compilers have always been generating verilog as their output. I think adding an option for VHDL was in their roadmap somewhere along the lines but it never happened. The word "VHDL" is not used even once in any of Intel's HLS-related guides and hence, I would assume generating VHDL output is not supported.

0 Kudos
NSuku1
Beginner

Oh! NO... I was expecting the hls component will output VHDL and I need to integrate with another component written in VHDL. Now, how can I integrate VHDL with Verilog?

Thanks,

Nivetha

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

I integrated a VHDL module inside a Verilog top-module once a few years ago using Xilinx ISE. I would assume it would work the same way when integrating a Verilog module in a VHDL top-module in Quartus: you basically just instantiate the Verilog module in the same way you would instantiate a VHDL module in the top-module and the rest will be handled by the IDE.

0 Kudos
Prince_J_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos