Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Hello, I am using cycloneIV device for a simple project to explore tool using web version. and ended up with following error at simulation.

RSing16
Beginner

Error is as following..

Error\: ModelSim-Altera Error\: \# \*\* Error\: \(vsim-3033\) ledblink\.vo\(63\)\: Instantiation of 'cycloneive_io_obuf' failed\. The design unit was not found\.

please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Which version of Quarts and modelsim is used?

May be due to library missing on modelsim version so try with appropriate version of modelsim.

Can you share the design or share more information on design(Like IP used, and its configuration)?

Best Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

Have you compiled the Cyclone IV FPGA device libraries for ModelSim. If using the Intel FPGA version, then at the vsim command line you will have to specify the library name using the -L option..

vsim -work.. -L 220model_ver -L altera_mf_ver -L cycloneive_ver -L alteralnsim_ver -L altera_ver -L fiftyfivenm_ver -L lpm_ver -L twentynm_ver. This will include the device libraries for simulation.

0 Kudos
RSing16
Beginner

hello,

Suggested solution did not work.

I have tried below command and ended up with error loading design.

vsim -work -L 220model_ver -L altera_mf_ver -L cycloneive_ver -L alteralnsim_ver -L altera_ver -L fiftyfivenm_ver -L lpm_ver -L twentynm_ver

# vsim 220model_ver -L altera_mf_ver -L cycloneive_ver -L alteralnsim_ver -L altera_ver -L fiftyfivenm_ver -L lpm_ver -L twentynm_ver

# Start time: 17:35:57 on Nov 26,2018

# ** Error: (vsim-3170) Could not find '220model_ver'.

#        Searched libraries:

#            C:/intelFPGA/16.1/modelsim_ase/altera/verilog/altera_mf

#            C:/intelFPGA/16.1/modelsim_ase/altera/verilog/cycloneive

#            C:/intelFPGA/16.1/modelsim_ase/altera/verilog/altera

#            C:/intelFPGA/16.1/modelsim_ase/altera/verilog/fiftyfivenm

#            C:/intelFPGA/16.1/modelsim_ase/altera/verilog/220model

#            C:/intelFPGA/16.1/modelsim_ase/altera/verilog/twentynm

#            C:/d_rbs/Projects/8b10b/MB/project/simulation/modelsim/gate_work

# Error loading design

# End time: 17:35:58 on Nov 26,2018, Elapsed time: 0:00:01

# Errors: 1, Warnings: 0

please let me know if I need to get some more files for the installation.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Ok, so the issue with the Cyclone IV E IOBUF sim model is resolved. This error is due to the sim library name. What I had provided earlier for the 220 Model lib is incorrect. You can remove the -L 220model_ver and then re-run the simulation. It should work this time.

0 Kudos