Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15481 Discussions

How can I change an I/O pin's pull_up value without re-synthesizing the design?

KOber
Beginner

I need to change whether or not there are weak pull_ups on an FPGA's I/O pin but don't have the privilege of re-compiling the whole design.

A new gateware file would need to be created, but since we are just changing an IOB setting, there should be a way to make that specific modification post synthesis.

How can I do that?

I am using Quartus Prime Standard 19.1.0 and am building gateware for an Arria 10 FPGA.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi KOber,

Apparently, pull up the I/O without re-synthesizing the design is not possible.

You can only pull up it using Pin Planner or Pin assignment. Then you have to compile it to create a new bit stream.

Thanks

KOber
Beginner

ShafiqY_Intel,

Can you put in an Arria 10 feature request for the ability to add pull ups to I/O without re-synthesizing the design, and provide me with the change request number?

Thank you

KOber
Beginner

ShafiqY_Intel,

What is the Change Request Number for this feature request?

> Can you put in an Arria 10 feature request for the ability to add pull ups to I/O without re-synthesizing the design, and provide me with the change request number?