Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

How to auto-convert SOF to JIC after compilation using TCL script (solved)

FMaxi
Novice

I've added following line to redirector.qsf (redirector is project name)

set_global_assignment -name POST_FLOW_SCRIPT_FILE "quartus_sh:sof_to_jic.tcl"

Contents of sof_to_jic.tcl:

exec quartus_cpf -c conv_setup.cof post_message "Script has been executed"

Contents of conv_setup.cof (generated by Quartus II):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII" standalone="yes"?> <cof> <eprom_name>EPCS4</eprom_name> <flash_loader_device>EP4CE6</flash_loader_device> <output_filename>output_files/output_file.jic</output_filename> <n_pages>1</n_pages> <width>1</width> <mode>7</mode> <sof_data> <user_name>Page_0</user_name> <page_flags>1</page_flags> <bit0> <sof_filename>output_files/redirector.sof</sof_filename> </bit0> </sof_data> <version>5</version> <create_cvp_file>0</create_cvp_file> <options> </options> </cof>

JIC file is generated successfully.

6 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Yes, this is a correct way of performing it.​

0 Kudos
FMaxi
Novice

@JohnT_Intel​, do you know how to specify Advanced converting option "Disable AS mode CONF_DONE error check" when converting via script? This option is absent in .cof file, so even when loading settings from .cof file, I have to click "Advanced options" and tick this checkbox.

I suppose when converting JIC via script this option is no applied too. So, how to do it?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

The cof file does contain the setting. Just that when you load the cof file into the GUI, the advanced option does not take into effect.

You can look into the cof file "<ignore_condone_check>1</ignore_condone_check>", that the setting s included.​

FMaxi
Novice

@JohnT_Intel​, many thanks. Thats very useful information. How about "Disable EPCS ID check" option? I don't need it now, but may need in future. Is there any document where I can find the list of options, or only you can tell me?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Below is the cof setting that you can use.

<advanced_options>

<ignore_epcs_id_check>1</ignore_epcs_id_check>

<ignore_condone_check>1</ignore_condone_check>

</advanced_options>

FMaxi
Novice

@JohnT_Intel​, thanks again. I've accidentaly found the answer to question that can relate my problem.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd07202009_82.html

I had problems with CONF_DONE on one of my boards. Simply programming of FPGA ended failure. That's why I had to "Disable CONF_DONE check". Maybe I wouldn't have to disable CONF_DONE check if I change the PLC option!

0 Kudos