Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

How to change JTAG speed on programmer GUI

NuvKFC
New Contributor I

I'm using quartus17 and quartus13 version. 

Some board needs to be slow down the pof file programming speed which use CFI flash device.

How to slow down the JTAG speed?

I can't find any setting on the GUI.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

To change the JTAG clock frequency, Open Programmer tool, click on Hardware Setup. In the pop-up window, Hardware Settings tab, you can change the value in Hardware frequency field. See the attached screen shot.

Ash_R_Intel_0-1657880117066.png

Hope this helps.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

To change the JTAG clock frequency, Open Programmer tool, click on Hardware Setup. In the pop-up window, Hardware Settings tab, you can change the value in Hardware frequency field. See the attached screen shot.

Ash_R_Intel_0-1657880117066.png

Hope this helps.

Regards

0 Kudos
NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi Ash_R_Intel

Thank you, Ash_R_Intel, very much.

I'm using quartus17 lite and quartus13 standard version. I can't find the "Hardware frequency" in the Hardware Setup GUI.

Can I set it in other place?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry I missed to note the Quartus version earlier. There is no option in older Quartus versions to change the JTAG frequency. The option is available in version 19.1 standard edition onwards. If possible, please move to newer version of Quartus.

Regards

0 Kudos
NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi Ash_R_Intel

OK, I get it. Thank you, Ash_R_Intel, very much.

0 Kudos
DeanK77
Beginner

This is not available for changing on ByteBlaster I (versus ByteBlaster II). Can you provide details for ByteBlaster (I). Thank you.

0 Kudos