Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

How to create build.bat for HLS project?

ZikunTan
Beginner

Hi, I am doing a project with Intel HLS. I have just completed a HLS C++ code and compiled it successfully on Microsoft VS 2010. But now I don't know how to create the build.bat batch file. It seems that the creation of batch file is not illustrated in HLS documentation. Could anyone help me with this? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Abe
Valued Contributor II

You can use the build.dat provided in the examples as a template. Just copy this file over to your project folder. Edit it and change the @echo offset "SOURCE_FILES=counter.cpp" to point to your C++ source file. Save the file and then invoke the init_hls.bat file and then source this build.bat. If should compile your source and generate the required output files and also compile the design for Quartus. Just make sure you also change the -march=Arria10 to the device you are targetting before compiling for FPGA.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Abe
Valued Contributor II

You can use the build.dat provided in the examples as a template. Just copy this file over to your project folder. Edit it and change the @echo offset "SOURCE_FILES=counter.cpp" to point to your C++ source file. Save the file and then invoke the init_hls.bat file and then source this build.bat. If should compile your source and generate the required output files and also compile the design for Quartus. Just make sure you also change the -march=Arria10 to the device you are targetting before compiling for FPGA.