Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

How to program FPGA hardware

PDENI2
Beginner

Hello everyone.

I just bought this experiment card to develop on FPGA. I start in this field of FPGAs.

I have several small projects that work well.

I would like to put in the FPGA one of these projects in a definitive way to replace the existing one (display of figures on the 7 segments). could you please help me please?

I have all the files of my program (.v, .sof, etc) but I do not know how to put it on the FPGA.

Thank you all for your help.

Patrick

Ref of the card purchased on AliExpress.

USB Blaster + altera card fpga altera kit fpga development board EP4CE6E22C8N cyclone IV board

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RLewi9
Beginner

Don't know this board, but looking at the specs it has a M25P16 serial flash which is probably configuration memory. Normally you would use dip switches on the board to setup where the FPGA sources it's config: USB, JTAG, flash etc. So in this case you would configure your board to pull the configuration from the M25P16 on startup. Then you need to convert your SOF file into a JIC file (JTAG indirect configuration). Next you would setup the Quartus Programmer to configure from .jic and ensure your flash device shows up in the JTAG chain. You can start by reading the documentation that came with your board or this one: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an370.pdf

0 Kudos
PDENI2
Beginner

Thank you very much for these informations RLewi9.

I just try it and it's ok.

Bye bye

Patrick

0 Kudos
CalvinJoaz_P_Intel
Hi Patrick, Good day to you! Kindly refer 'Intel Cyclone IV FPGAs Support' link below for more information. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/fpga/cyclone-series/cyclone-iv/support.html I hope this could help you too. Thank you.
0 Kudos