Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

How to report a bug in the Quartus tool?

MoZdk
New Contributor I

I previously encountered a bug in the Quartus tool, as described here:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P000043ycVOSAY/should-quartus-181-support-ff-creation-by-this-q-d-when-risingedgeclkthe-d-and-clk-are-input-ports-on-a-module-and-q-is-a-output-portthe-quartus-181-breaks-with-internal-error-due-to-this-construction

I have tried to find a way to report this through a support case to Intel, but I am running in circles on the Intel support page, and can't find a way to report this. Trying Quartus => Help => Feedback gives "Our apologies. The page you have requested could not be found. ... HTTP 404"

Can anybody advise me on how to report a bug in the Quartus tool ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Is your design.qar file confidential? If not, can you attached over here? can put your crash report here?​

0 Kudos
MoZdk
New Contributor I

Thanks for attending to this.

"Unfortunately" I am not longer able to recreate the problem in Quartus 18.1.0 Build 625 09/12/2018 SJ Lite Edition, so for some reason my Quartus installation handles the construction now. The problem was originally described in:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52622535/difference-between-process-and-vanilla-vhdl/52622723#52622723

where Quartus made the error:

"Internal Error: Sub-system: BPM, File: /quartus/db/bpm/bpm_hard_block_util.cpp, Line: 3458 ... Quartus Prime Information ... Version: 18.1.0 Build: 625 Edition: Lite Edition"

Back when I initially looked into the problem I could recreate the error several times, and it only occurred when the special construction was enabled.

But I have attached the the project that originally caused the problem anyway, in the file "SO_52622535_FF_by_concurrent_assign__Intel.zip".

I consider this issue closed, unless I encounter the problem again.

0 Kudos