Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15388 Discussions

How to report a bug in the Quartus tool?

MoZdk
New Contributor I

I previously encountered a bug in the Quartus tool, as described here:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P000043ycVOSAY/should-quartus-181-support-ff-creation-by-thi...

I have tried to find a way to report this through a support case to Intel, but I am running in circles on the Intel support page, and can't find a way to report this. Trying Quartus => Help => Feedback gives "Our apologies. The page you have requested could not be found. ... HTTP 404"

Can anybody advise me on how to report a bug in the Quartus tool ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Is your design.qar file confidential? If not, can you attached over here? can put your crash report here?​

MoZdk
New Contributor I

Thanks for attending to this.

"Unfortunately" I am not longer able to recreate the problem in Quartus 18.1.0 Build 625 09/12/2018 SJ Lite Edition, so for some reason my Quartus installation handles the construction now. The problem was originally described in:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52622535/difference-between-process-and-vanilla-vhdl/52622723#52...

where Quartus made the error:

"Internal Error: Sub-system: BPM, File: /quartus/db/bpm/bpm_hard_block_util.cpp, Line: 3458 ... Quartus Prime Information ... Version: 18.1.0 Build: 625 Edition: Lite Edition"

Back when I initially looked into the problem I could recreate the error several times, and it only occurred when the special construction was enabled.

But I have attached the the project that originally caused the problem anyway, in the file "SO_52622535_FF_by_concurrent_assign__Intel.zip".

I consider this issue closed, unless I encounter the problem again.