Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14964 Discussions

I keep getting this error when i try and compile and havent been able to solve it. Any suggestions?

SBurk3
Beginner

Error (12006): Node instance "inst" instantiates undefined entity "Lab_9_SevSegV2". Ensure that required library paths are specified correctly, define the specified entity, or change the instantiation. If this entity represents Intel FPGA or third-party IP, generate the synthesis files for the IP.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CalvinJoaz_P_Intel
Hi Sean Burke, Good day. You are getting this error because you didn't set your own library, yet. Go to assignment -> Settings -> Library (Category Field) -> Add your library path, then apply it. Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. Thank you.
SBurk3
Beginner

Yes it did thank you so much I have been stuck on this for hours your a life saver