Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

I need a license to enable the design security feature for Quartus. Thank you! software: quartus prime 18.1 ; device: cyclone v

LWenc
Novice

When I used the software to generate encrypted files​ according to “AN 556: Using the Design Security Features in Intel FPGAs”,I can’t open the SOF Files Properties: Bitstream Encryption dialog box (appendix screenshot). Do I need a license to open it. Thank you!

9 Replies
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi LWenc,

Please go to Intel FPGA Self Service License Center (https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/index.html) and the submit Contact Customer Service form (https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/contact.html) to request encryption feature license. In the Contact Customer Service form you need to provide your host id, NIC, number of licenses whether fixed or floating type.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
LWenc
Novice

Thank you for your answer! However, When I submit "Contact Customer Service form" on the website, I still have some problem.​ The website reminds me "There are no products on this computer.Make another selection or 联系客户服务 ." Did I choose the wrong way? Or?

0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi LWens,

Please refer to the attached screen shot. What you tried to submit is not the "Contact Customer Service" form. Please submit the "Contact Customer Service" form in this link to request encryption feature license:

https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/contact.html

As mentioned before, the information that you need to fill up the form is your host id, NIC, number of licenses whether fixed or floating type.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
LWenc
Novice

Thank you! I have filled up the form to apply for a license. However, I faced some new problems. When I submit the form,it pops up a dialog box "Invalid nic card / host / defense ID" (attached screen shot). Is there something wrong?

0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi LWenc,

You can just fill up the the field with red asterisk mark. As long in the description you have mentioned the require information then you can submit the form.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
LWenc
Novice

hello!

It pops up another dialog box " Please provide at least one-PO number, License Activation code/serial number or "network card/host/security ID" to process your request" (attatched screen shot).

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi LWenc,

You can check your machine NIC information (MAC physical address) from command prompt when typing the command "ipconfig /all". There should be a few MAC physical address information. You can try each MAC physical address. Remove the hyphen (‐) in between the value and the alphabets should be in capital letters. I just tested earlier using one of the MAC physical address information and successfully submit the  "Contact Customer Service" form .

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
Michael
Novice

Just as a remark:

I was able to request the license file by entering "ffffffffffff" in the field NIC/Host/Guard ID. Any other content did result in an error message.

I provided the NIC ID in the description.

0 Kudos
LWenc
Novice

Thanks very much!The answer is helpful to me. And the problem has been solved.

0 Kudos