Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15547 Discussions

Is it possible to open a qsys system from the command line (in a build script) and "Sync system infos"?

DWoof
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DWoof
Beginner

I have to compile 2 product qsf revision variants of the same design including a qsys system, on different devices so this is required when building from within the Quartus GUI).  

This is my current script command:

qsys-generate Qsys.qsys --synthesis=VERILOG --family="Stratix 10" --part=1SG110...

and I know I can use qsys-script to process tcl command, trouble is I cannot find a reference of available commands.

Thanks  

MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee
Hi, You may refer to the Intel® Quartus® Prime Standard Edition User Guide Platform Designer and the reference command locate at the subtitle 6.6 "Generate a Platform Designer System with qsys-script". The link below is the User Guide as mentioned above: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-qps-platform-designer... Thanks
DWoof
Beginner

Thanks for the link.

For the record and in the end, I used "sed" to do a global replacement of the device id in the qsys and all .ip files in my system before calling qsys-generate. Pretty straightforward and it works.