Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Is there a Synthesizable syntax with writing file in verilog??

euem789
Novice

Hi guys,

Now I'm Using

--------------------------

Software : Quartus 18.1

Board : DE1 - Soc

-------------------------

I'm facing problem with FILE IO in verilog . (

what I want to do is making an output file with synthesizable syntax (targeting the implementation of FPGA board Not for simulation)

here's the code I wrote.

module readmem(clk);
	input clk;

reg [7:0] rmem [0:2];
	reg [7:0] wmem [0:2];

initial begin
		$readmemb("C:\\test_num.bin",mem);
		$writememb("C:\\test_num_reslut.bin",wmem);

wmem[0]=(rmem[0]<<1);
		wmem[1]=(rmem[1]<<1);
		wmem[2]=(rmem[2]<<1);			
	end
endmodule

After compile what I expected  was generated  output file 'test_num_result.bin'  but nothing happend.

I heard that $readmem syntax is able to synthesize( also used for memory initialization),  and there was no problem with compilation.

and no error with $writemem syntax too.

Could someone tell me am I doing right??

I'll be really appreciated if someone tell me what's wrong....

and furthermore,

- Is it possible to perform only with verilog in quartus??

or do I have to use a soft processor (NIOS) ??

( What I'm trying to do for my project is reading a image file with applying sobel-mask and then, making an output file through my FPGA board)

thanks for reading

0 Kudos
1 Solution
2 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

According to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#hdl/vlog/vlog_list_support_d1625e1153.htm, only $readmemb/$readmemh are supported.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos