Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

Java errors after upgrading Quartus Pro tools version.

Robert_H_Intel
Employee

I recently upgraded from 21.3 to 22.1 version of Quartus Pro and now I can't get my design to compile.

The first issue was when I tried to upgrade the IP.  The tools got stuck "spinning its wheels" I left it running and after over a day I had to kill the tool.

I then opened the QSYS file directly into Platform Designer, and I seem to get this error.

Robert_H_Intel_0-1650649388591.png

Any suggestions on how I can get this to work?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Are you saying that "Sync System Infos" (button at the bottom of PD) is what just keeps spinning?

If that doesn't fix it, you might have a bad installation.  I'd just uninstall and reinstall Quartus.

0 Kudos
Robert_H_Intel
Employee

It was the auto-update IP in the main Quartus tool that kept spinning.  The "Sync System Infos" completes "successfully" (green) but displays the error message I showed above.

The tools are installed on a Linux server (not by me) and others have successfully used the tools so I don't believe the install is bad.  Maybe there is something in my environment that isn't playing nicely?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Since the error involves the HPS, have you tried removing it from the system and then re-adding it from scratch?

0 Kudos
Robert_H_Intel
Employee

I haven't.  Was hoping to avoid that since there are so many parameters I would have to reset to do that.  And room for error is high.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You might not have a choice.  Just take screenshots of everything and refer to them as you re-parameterize.  That's what I do.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Have you try to save your project in .qar files with Quartus 21.3 and opens it in Quartus Pro 22.1 ?

See if the errors still persists.

Have this issue occurs with other similar design?

If the errors still persists, could you help to share the project .qar files for further investigation?

0 Kudos
Robert_H_Intel
Employee

We decided to revert back to the 21.3 Pro tools and everything builds fine again.  At this point we have decided to stay with that version and will re-visit this again in the future (maybe jump to 22.2 or 22.3).

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Since you are using previous Quartus as a workaround, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos