Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

ModelSim executable Error Message

BA26
Beginner

Hello,

I have downloaded Quartus Prime Lite 20.1.1 again and continue to receive this error message every time I try to use the University Waveform VWF:( ModelSim executable not found in C:/altera/13.1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem Error. ) How can I fix this? Thank you.Error MessageError Message

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi Brianna,

You need to specify your ModelSim executable directory. To do this, go to Tools>Options>EDA Tools Options.

At the ModelSim directory, add an extra "/" at the end of the path name like so: "C:/altera/13.1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem/"

There is an old discussion thread regarding this issue that you can refer to: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/Can-t-launch-the-Modelsim-Altera-Software/td-p/163728

I hope this solves your issue. Let me know if your issue persists.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
BA26
Beginner

Hi Nurina,

Ok, so I added the extra "/" add the end of the Modelsim executable Directory and I still received the same error message. 

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Brianna,

It seems that the path directory is not correct. Replace 13.1 with 20.1 in the path directory like so: "C:/altera/20.1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem/". 

Make sure the path directory is correct; change it according to your installation directory path. You can check your computer for this. It might be under "C:/intelFPGA_lite/20.1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem/", and if so, change your path directory on Quartus following the aforementioned address.

If your issue isn't resolved, make sure your ModelSim is selected in your EDA settings. To do this, go to Assignments>Settings>EDA Tool Settings>Simulation and make sure you have ModelSim selected under tool name.

Note: If both ModelSim and ModelSim-Altera are available it would select ModelSim-Altera by default. You may need to repeat this process every time you open Quartus again depending on your OS.

Regards,

Nurina

Nurina
Employee

Hi Brianna,

Is your problem resolved?

Nurina

0 Kudos