Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16700 Discussions

ModelSim executable not found in C:/intelFPGA_lite/simulation/modelsim Error.

Charger0025
Beginner

I am having this error message when attempting to run the model sim execution in the University Program VWF. 

My OS is windows 10, i5 processor. I am running the 23.1 software version. I am using the MAX10 10M50DAF484C7G device (DE10-Lite). 

from the reading that have done I need to go to tools, Options, EDA Tool Options, under the model sim tab I need to point it to the correct directory. When I search I have assigned the following directory: 

C:/intelFPGA_lite/simulation/modelsim

I get to the modelsim folder and there are no further folders to go into, I have removed and reinstalled the software and I am having the same issue. 

What am I missing and how can I fix it? screenshot of current error.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The directory should be qsim (for Questasim), not modelsim, just as shown in the window.  Questasim replaced Modelsim in Quartus about 2 or 3 years ago, so if you're using 23.1, it should be qsim or questasim in the path, not modelsim.

0 Kudos
Charger0025
Beginner

I have attempted to run the simulation the following ways and I am still receiving an error message. Can you explain further what you mean since there is still a persisting error?EDA tool options.PNGEDA tool options2.PNGEDA tool options3.PNGEDA tool options4.PNGscreenshot of current error.PNG

0 Kudos
SyafieqS
Employee
0 Kudos
SyafieqS
Employee

I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to https://supporttickets.intel.com/, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos