Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

My Quartus Desktop Shortcut is not functioning properly, I have attached a screenshot of the error it's giving me. Can someone please give me assistance and or advice with this matter. Thanks in advance!

JWill26
Beginner

*Please attached screenshots

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

1. Try to search Quartus lite 17.1 on 'Search windows' bar
  2. Right click ->' Open File Location'
  3. Here Copy the Quartus lite 17.1 shortcut & paste it on desktop
  4. if still have issue then need to reinstall the Quartus lite 17.1.

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
JWill26
Beginner

It was working well for about two weeks, but now it is showing the error again. Is there a reason why it keeps corrupting the execution file and is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening? Reinstalling every week is not very practical.

Thanks

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You might have an issue with the hard drive. Have you run any disk first aid? Or you could try installing Quartus on an external drive to test.

0 Kudos
Ken_I_Intel
Employee

Is it corrupted?  Can you start it from a command line?  TBH, it doesn't sound like a Quartus issue.​  It looks like a permission issue, or some kind IT override thing, which is messing with the permission/file.

0 Kudos