Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse does not start on Linux

SThor8
New Contributor I

Hi

Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse does not start on Linux, I have followed

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2019/why-does-the-nios--ii-not-installed-after-full-installation-of-t.html

but no luck.

When I select the menu choice nothing happends.

Is it possible to start some log window to see whats going on or is it possible to start eclipse from the command prompt to see what is comming out on stdout and stderr?

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SThor8
New Contributor I

It have been solved, it was related to wrong file name in catalouge ./nioseds/bin

But one question remain, is there a log window available to see what happen when for example eclipse is started from Quartus.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SThor8
New Contributor I

It have been solved, it was related to wrong file name in catalouge ./nioseds/bin

But one question remain, is there a log window available to see what happen when for example eclipse is started from Quartus.

Regards

0 Kudos
Eliath_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Stefan,

You can launch eclipse from the console and send the process of it to a file by typing $eclipse-nios2.exe > file_name.* but there is not a way to see what is happening while launching it from Quartus tool.

Regards,

-Eliath

0 Kudos