Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16609 Discussions

OpenCL BSP for Intel Cyclone 10 LP FPGA Evaluation Kit ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Does anyone have a BSP (Board Support Package) for the Intel Cyclone 10 LP FPGA Evaluation Kit ? 

I ask, because I'd like to target OpenCL to the Intel Cyclone 10 LP FPGA Evaluation Kit. 

Yes - I know it is a tiny device and I will be limited how much I can do with OpenCL. 

I have not seen any BSPs for Cyclone 10 devices, but I have used BSP on Cyclone V (DE1 and DE0). 

I'm looking for anyone who has a BSP to share, or has done any of the work to try to create one on their own.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In you are using Intel/Altera's reference dev kit, you should contact Altera directly and ask them if they have a BSP for that board. Other than the BSPs they ship by default with Quartus (which currently does NOT include one for Cyclone 10), Altera does not make the rest of their BSPs available to public. Furthermore, I don't think AOC supports targeting Cyclone 10 FPGAs yet.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Cyclone 10 is consider a lower product line where OpenCL is not part of the main feature, there is no BSP been developed for this part too. Do choose from other product line as there are some other product line that with OpenCL capabilities too. 

Regards, 

CloseCL 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you can create a BSP using Nios II EDS tools. But this is the processor you will have on Cyclone 10. You understand Cyclone 10 doesn't have ARM like Cyclone V SOC has, do you? 

There are many examples for Cyclone 10 LP in the Design store you can refer to
0 Kudos