Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Platform Designer (Pro Edition): How to create a copy / variation of an existing QSYS System

HBirk
Novice

I switched from Quartus Prime Lite (19.1) to Quartus Prime Pro (20.2) as I am using Cyclone 10 GX devices in a new design.

I created a QSYS Sytem in Platform Designer and now I want to create a similar QSYS System with slightly different parameters.
In Quartus Prime Lite I used the menu option 'save as'. But in Quartus Prime Pro there is no 'save as' available.

Any ideas how to solve that issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The issue is that in the Pro edition, a system must always be associated with a Quartus project, which is not required in Standard or Lite.  I don't know why they got rid of Save As, but what you can do is make a copy of the .qsys file with the new name and open it.  Then, from the File menu, select Select Quartus Project.  Choose the .qpf that the new copy should be associated with.  You'll need to regenerate the system.

You could also make a copy of everything (.qsys, .ip, and generated files) using File menu -> Archive System, restore the system elsewhere, and then set the associated .qpf.

#iwork4intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HBirk
Novice

For Example:
I have created a QSYS-System "PCIe_Gen2x4_AVMM_v01" and I want to dublicate that system with different parameters called "PCIe_Gen2x4_AVMM_v02".

In Platform Designer of Quartus Prime Lite (19.1) I would

• Open the "PCIe_Gen1x1_AVMM_v01.qsys" system
  • Goto "File/Save As..." and save the system as "PCIe_Gen1x1_AVMM_v02".
  • Change parameters, save the system and create HDL.

What would be the equivalent procedure in the Platform Designer of Quartus Prime Pro?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The issue is that in the Pro edition, a system must always be associated with a Quartus project, which is not required in Standard or Lite.  I don't know why they got rid of Save As, but what you can do is make a copy of the .qsys file with the new name and open it.  Then, from the File menu, select Select Quartus Project.  Choose the .qpf that the new copy should be associated with.  You'll need to regenerate the system.

You could also make a copy of everything (.qsys, .ip, and generated files) using File menu -> Archive System, restore the system elsewhere, and then set the associated .qpf.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos