Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Please Help, Installing Quartus Device Support

Sijan
Beginner

I am trying to install cyclonev -18.1.0.625 to my Quartus Prime (v-18.1) but having problem with it.

Basically, whenever i open quartus prime it gives me prompt saying "you successfully installed the quartus prime software, but did not install any devices. Do you want to launch the device installer to add devices?

And when I say yes, it then gives me error saying it cannot launch Device Installer for some Windows operating systems (I have Windows 10 pro). And says to launch the Device Installer directly from Windows start menu. I tried to Use (Tools - > Instal Devices ) but it gave me the same prompt again.

Then when I try to launch my downloaded cyclonev -18.1.0.625 from windows start menu, it then gives me error saying "Can't open the file. File size too large".

Would really appreciate any help regarding this !!!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Go to the windows start menu and find the program called "Device Installer (Quartus Prime 18.1)" and then it will prompt you for the .qdz file directory. Select the correct directory and the program will search for all .qdz file and then you can select which device to install. The .qdz file is merely the installer package, until you install it the file does nothing. 

For the Cyclone V device, users should try to install the latest available software version supported which is Quartus Prime Standard Edition 20.1 or 19.1 for Lite Edition.

p.s. Don’t forget to Reply, and give Kudos for the Best Answer.

sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Sometimes, Device Installer from the Start menu doesn't work either.  I don't know why.

The device installer can be accessed directly at <installation directory>/quartus/common/devinfo/dev_install

#iwork4intel

MoZdk
New Contributor I

Thanks the link for dev_install/ worked find; windows could not find it through the start menu, so had to locate it directly.

0 Kudos
mohcine
Beginner

hi,

I do not find the directory that contains  the .qdz files.

thank u in advance

Mohcine

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

You can just download the device file shown in the device list from the Download Center for FPGAs.

0 Kudos
T35
Beginner
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

I hope I have clear your issue and wish you the best in your project development.

Best Regards,
Shyan Yew

0 Kudos
Geryhold
Beginner

I have a question. Why can't Intel create software that simply works right after downloading? Why is it that after I download the software, it glitches, and then I can't select the FPGA I need without having to download some library, which then fails to load? I have to manually find some files, specify their paths, and it still doesn't recognize the path? I don't understand why software can't be made to work "out of the box." Why is this? Do you not have software testers? Nothing works! I constantly have to do things manually, which feels like a mockery. Please, make it functional so one can work without wasting time on nonsense.

DERMOPPOPPPPPP_2.jpg

ВУКЬЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩЩ.jpg

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You download Quartus and device files (.qdz) separately because they can eat up many GB of space.  The new installer lets you progressively download and install the files you want and need using one tool instead of manually downloading each file.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/794625/intel-quartus-prime-pro-edition-design-software-version-23-4-for-windows.html

0 Kudos