Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Quartus II Fitter error in connecting the output of IOPLL to refclk of ATX PLL

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

I am creating a Quartus project to transmit high-speed data using the Arria 10 Transceiver Native PHY. I am supplying the the serial clock (at 1.5GHz) to the tx_serial_clk0 using Arria 10 Transceiver ATX PLL which generates 1.5GHz clock using input 150MHz clock. I am creating this 150Mhz clock using another PLL (Altera IOPLL) that takes the 50MHz FPGA clock as the input. I have attached the qsys design screenshot of the project.  

The compilation of the design is successful. However, the fitter prompts an error which I am not able to understand. The error prompt is: 

Error (11192): Input port "REF_IQCLK[0]" of "HSSI_PMA_LC_REFCLK_SELECT_MUX" cannot connect to PLD port "OUTCLK[0]" of "IOPLL" for atom "tx_phy_qsys:tx_phy_qsys_1|tx_phy_qsys_altera_iopll_171_zoxksfy:iopll_0|altera_iopll:altera_iopll_i|twentynm_iopll_ip:twentynm_pll|iopll_inst". 

Extra Info (13133): Output port's "OUTCLK[0]" atom name is "tx_phy_qsys:tx_phy_qsys_1|tx_phy_qsys_altera_iopll_171_zoxksfy:iopll_0|altera_iopll:altera_iopll_i|twentynm_iopll_ip:twentynm_pll|iopll_inst". 

Extra Info (13134): Input port's "REF_IQCLK[0]" atom name is "tx_phy_qsys:tx_phy_qsys_1|tx_phy_qsys_altera_xcvr_atx_pll_a10_171_7s4kdty:xcvr_atx_pll_a10_0|a10_xcvr_atx_pll:a10_xcvr_atx_pll_inst|twentynm_hssi_pma_lc_refclk_select_mux_inst". 

Extra Info (12879): Input port "REF_IQCLK[0]" of "HSSI_PMA_LC_REFCLK_SELECT_MUX" can connect to: 

Extra Info (12880): Port "O_REFCLK_A[0]" of "HSSI_REFCLK_DIVIDER" 

It basically says that I cannot provide the output of the IOPLL to the pll_refclk0 of the ATX PLL. But, the ATX PLL needs reference clock of 150MHz. It does not make sense to me. Please help. 

Thank you
4 Replies
DGila
Beginner

Hi,

I am having a similar problem, the IOBUF/O output can't be connected to the CMU_FPLL_REFCLK_SELECT/REFCLK input

can I add BUFCLK/BUFCLKBLOCK to my design manually?

other suggestion is maybe to instanciate HSSI_REFCLK_DEVIDER, which I did not find.

Thanks,

Dror

0 Kudos
druva1
New Contributor I

Hi,

Where you able to fix this error? I am having the same issue :/..

0 Kudos
Visshnu
Beginner

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.. 

Is there a way to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
druva1
New Contributor I

Are you using a template or an example? or your own design?

Because in my case I used an Arria 10 Transceiver example and discover that is was a wire issue.

In the example, two signals were exportered from the top level design and connected together in the testbech. So instead of exporting them, I contected them together in the top level.

Cheers

0 Kudos