Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus Lite 18.1 not launching

UMiha
Beginner

After instalation on Ubuntu 18.04 when i double click on the icon the program is not launching, nothing happends.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CalvinJoaz_P_Intel
Hi Ungureanu, Good day. Kindly try starting the Quartus Lite by typing the command at command prompt. Refer link below - Page 15 (3.6.2. Starting the Intel Quartus Prime Software on Linux) https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf Thank you.
0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Well, Quartus tools are not tested to work on Ubuntu 17x and higher. I suggest you take a look at this thread and try the steps mentioned in that. It should help you with getting things working.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000449vvSSAQ/getting-modelsim-intel-edition-to-work-on-ubuntu-17x-and-higher

The instructions are for ModelSim Intel edition, but the libraries installed could also help Quartus run. So why not give them a try.

0 Kudos
UMiha
Beginner

Thank you for your answer,

I get this error : error while loading shared libraries : libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Run this command at the terminal window in Ubuntu :

sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib g++-multilib \ lib32z1 lib32stdc++6 lib32gcc1 \ expat:i386 fontconfig:i386 libfreetype6:i386 libexpat1:i386 libc6:i386 libgtk-3-0:i386 \ libcanberra0:i386 libpng12-0:i386 libice6:i386 libsm6:i386 libncurses5:i386 zlib1g:i386 \ libx11-6:i386 libxau6:i386 libxdmcp6:i386 libxext6:i386 libxft2:i386 libxrender1:i386 \ libxt6:i386 libxtst6:i386

this will install the missing libraries and should get Quartus working

0 Kudos
UMiha
Beginner

another error

enable to locate libraries, all of them

I have to download each one separatly and instal it?

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

No need, just run the command given earlier.. it downloads and installs them for you automatically. You must be connected to the Internet for them to download.

Open a terminal window in Ubuntu and copy paste the entire command given earlier to that and press Enter. This will download the libraries and install them for you. Then try launching Quartus again. If you get another error about missing libraries, then search Google for it or post the error here.

0 Kudos
UMiha
Beginner

After downloads and installs i receve this message: Do you wish to continue y/n. Ofcourse i choose Y and then after that the message: aborded

0 Kudos