Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16601 Discussions

Quartus Prime Lite IP core

atmk26
Beginner

Hello,

I am using Quartus Prime Lite 18.1. How do I generate a license to use the Altera Nios II Soft Processor MegaCore? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
atmk26
Beginner

More information:
The admin on our license is no longer with the company, however my understanding is that the IP core license is perpetual, so should be transferable. As such when trying to use the Self Service Licensing Center, I do not know how to add the IP Core to the Products and Users tab (which should then let me generate a license file) since I do not have a License Activation Code.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Welcome to INTEL forum. Software and IP licenses can be transferred to a different PC/server by going to the Create New License section on the Self-Service Licensing Center by license admin only and this is call rehosting license. Could you help to rehost again you license and see how things go. Rehosting step,

https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/index.html  (Licensing Center Home) 

Step 1: Click the Self Service Licensing Center link

Step 2: Select Computers and License Files tab

Step 3: Select the Host ID to change by clicking the pencil icon in the Update Computer

column.

Step 4: Change the Host ID or any field value displayed on the screen. However, a change of

Host ID will only be considered as re-host.

Step 5: Click Submit button

Guidance: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/demonstrations/online/licensing/onl-licensing.html?wapkw=rehosting+your+license  --> Rehosting Your License Demo

Refer licensing Demo for more:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/demonstrations/online/licensing/onl-licensing.html

0 Kudos
atmk26
Beginner

Hello @AR_A_Intel,

After pressing submit on the Update Computer dialog and the "Get License" button on the following dialog, I get the message "There are no product licenses assigned to this computer."

You mentioned that the license admin is the only person that can transfer (rehost) a software/IP license. Since the admin is no longer available (and I do not have access to said account), is my only option to purchase a new IP core license?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Thanks for your update. Alternatively, we can help you to change the admin access form previous owner to you in self-service licensing center. Could you advise the information for further checking?

Your name & Email Address:

Previous admin name & Email Address:

Company Name:

Company Address:

HOSTID/NICID:

You can reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided in privet message. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos