Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16594 Discussions

Quartus Prime Standard 17.1 project creation not as in tutorial?

TarikTec
New Contributor I

I am following the instruction of the tutorial on how to to start a project. However, whenever I arrive at the page 10 where , point 5 where I select the board , I get a different naming in the Hierarchy tab:

here is from my Quartus Prime Standard :

TarikTec_0-1632481429948.png

Here is the tutorial:

TarikTec_1-1632481461246.png

I have named the same top-level Project and it is light.

C:\intelFPGA\17.1\quartus\common\help\tutorial_quartusii_intro_vhdl.pdf 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You posted a link to your local machine, so I can't see what document you are looking at.

But what information did you put in on the first page of the New Project Wizard?  That is where you specify the name of the project and the name of the top-level design entity.

TarikTec
New Contributor I

I put the name light in the board tab. but when I changed it to Device, it showed like in the tutorial.

TarikTec_0-1632756233828.png

TarikTec_1-1632756249437.png

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

You can also change this in Assignments->Settings->General and enter "light " in Top-Level Entity. I take that your problem has been solved and I shall put this to a close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

That is your project top-level design entity name. Did you enter "light" for that?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
TarikTec
New Contributor I

Yes, I entered light but I choose board and not Device

0 Kudos