Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus Prime cannot find any Web browser, so I cannot click "Help" and so. I chose the right path i

Klaus1
Beginner

Quartus Prime cannot find any Web browser,
so I cannot click "Help" and so.
I chose the right path in the settings. Still not working.
I checked my standards in Control Panel: chrome should be ok.
But Quartus cannot find it.

Anyone have any tweak?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

This bug occurs when using Windows and have been fixed in Quartus v21.2. Until then you can go to the help webpage directly rather than launch them from Quartus.

Regards,

Nurina

P/S: If you find any comment from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If you find any comment from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos
Klaus1
Beginner

Hello Nurina,

thanks for your reply.

As the lectures continue at the university, none of the simulation softwares seem to work properly, at least for me, a beginner.

When will there be an update to the SW?

Sincerely

Klaus

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Klaus, 

Yes there will be an update but it might not meet your timeframe. Can you confirm you were trying to use Quartus Prime Pro 21.1? 

What are the tools you want to use on Quartus?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Klaus1
Beginner

Hello Nurina,

please give me some more time to figure out. The university wants me to run simulations rather than hardware.

Sincerely

Klaus

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Klaus,

You can take some time to research on these things. I'll check up on you in a week if you have more questions.

These might help you understand more about Quartus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah6XQUHTumo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwoyQ_RnaiA

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Klaus,

We did not receive any response to the previous reply provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If you find any comment from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos
Klaus1
Beginner

Hello Nurina,

thanks for the videos, they helped me a lot. I found that the not working links are just the first page in the project, I do not really need them, as I can create new empty pages as many as I like.

Meanwhile, I got the lite version running really fast, together with the altera-ModelSim - these seem to meet the university's homework assignments.

Now I am looking for some Max 10 evaluation board - best with many switches and some display....

You may close this case.

Sincerely

Klaus

Sincerely

Klaus

0 Kudos