Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus ii 14.1 sp1 download needed

NateW
Beginner

Hello,

I have been looking for a place to download Quartus ii 14.1 with service pack 1.  Is that still available for download?  Would someone please be able to supply me with the link?

I found a notice that all versions of Quartus before 13.1 would no longer be available, but there seems to be a gap between Quartus 13 and 17 with versions 14, 15, and 16 missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

-Nate

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

That version is no longer available for download.

13.0sp1 and 13.1 are because they support some legacy devices.

17.0 and later the next older versions available.

Altera used to leave all the older versions available for download, but after the transition to Intel the policy is now to deprecate most older software.

Is there some reason you need exactly 14.1sp1?

0 Kudos
NateW
Beginner

ak6dn,

thanks for your response.  Yes, I need that exact version of Quartus II because we are using CVP and have units whose I/O ring cannot be updated and that was the version used to create the I/O ring.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Well, the only responses I have seen in the past when this issue comes up is you need to have an Intel Premier Support account (meaning you are a large and valued customer) and make a special request thru that account. Premier Accounts are not given out willy nilly, you have to have a special business relationship to Intel.

IMHO you need to update to a newer version and recreate those aspects of your design, you are chasing a rainbow.

And then make sure you SAVE all the downloaded install files for that Quartus version. Don't just install and delete.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

That Quartus version has been discontinued. Please download the latest supported Quartus version for your desired device.

1. Visit the FPGA Software Download Center page.

2. Using the left-hand filter pane, perform the following steps to refine the search

results:

a. Select the desired device family. This displays a list of supported software versions for the desired device.

b. Select the desired Intel Quartus Prime software release version.

d. Select the operating system (Linux or Microsoft Windows*).

3. In the refined list of pages, click on the desired page to download the software. The product download page appears.

0 Kudos
NateW
Beginner

Richard,

I appreciate the response.  

We are locked into Quartus 14.1 because we are using CVP and the I/O ring was created with that version of the tools.  We are not able to update the I/O ring on all of our units. 

Is there any way to get a Quartus 14.1 installer?

Thanks,

Nate

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

If you want to use the specific software version, I can help to request this for you but need confirmation that a valid NDA exists between the Intel and your company. Else, you may need to contact your local Intel Sales representative or distributors to get help on this.

0 Kudos
NateW
Beginner

Thank you very much.  I am confirming with my contracts team that an NDA is in place.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

In that case, please kindly help to reply the email that I sent to you few days ago with the details needed. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided but I believed that I have answered your question. 

With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos