Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

Quartus ii comments and keywords with different font size than the rest of the text.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I am using Quartus Prime Lite Edition 17.1.0 Build 590. on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. 

I have a problem where the the font size of comments and keywords (such as std_logic_vector) have smaller fonts than the rest of the text. Also, the cursor is pointing to the location as if the font size was normal, which causes a major inconvenience when trying to code. 

https://alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15273&stc=1  

Notice that I have selected the text "th Quartus ii", but there is no actual white spaces between "wi" and "th", it is just that the cursor is buggy. You might also notice that "std_logic_vector" and "std_logic_1164" have a small space between them and the next character. 

This is my first post, so feel free to redirect me to another subforum.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

1. Change font size and style from Tools->Options->Text editor.or reset to default and check. 

Can you attach the text editor setting image? 

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I have tried many of the options given in the text editor section, none of them fixed the problem. 

I was later playing with different fonts, and found that for a few mono fonts there is no bug mentioned above. So I looked at a few fonts and this is what I found: 

Fonts that work: Courier, FreeMono, Latin Modern Mono, Latin Modern Mono Light. 

Fonts that are broken: Andale Mono, Courier New, DejaVu Sans Mono (I would like this one), Liberation Mono (the default font), Linux Libertine Mono O, Tlwg mono, Ubuntu Mono, WenQuanYi Micro Hei Mono. 

Fonts that are marked as mono, but are not mono: Latin Modern Mono Prop, Latin Modern Mono Prop Light. 

Although changing the font fixed the problem, this looks like it should not be a bug that happens. 

For reference, here are my text editor options: 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15281
0 Kudos