Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

[Quartus20.3] Add src files under different folders

zhengxu1
Employee

Hi

I'm working on prototyping project. It's too many files under different folders. Is there a method to include all the .v/sv files under different folder with gui?

Or, could qsf file support including file lists similar like the vcs tool? it will be easier for us to organize the whole project.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Files can be placed anywhere.  They're found by default in the project directory (where the .qpf file is located) or where pointed to by Project menu -> Add/Remove Files in Project.  Using the GUI just writes assignments to the .qsf so you can use the GUI or manually edit the .qsf.

0 Kudos
zhengxu1
Employee

Hi, sstrell

Thanks for the quick reply!

I do understand any file can be added through GUI or editing .qsf file. What I looking for is a better way to include source files. For example, we have more than 2 thousand files need to be add to FPGA project. Then we have to looking for a better way to include all of them and make it easy for later version update. So I think manage all the source file in a standalone filelist then just include the filelist in .qsf file will be more clear than adding 2 thousand lines "set_global_assignment -name SYSTEMVERILOG_FILE **.v".

Do we have similar function in .qsf file?

Thanks

0 Kudos