Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Reg: Use ip-generate in Intel Quartus Pro When i use ip-generate in Intel Quartus Pro, it gives error as "ip-generate is not recognized as an internal or external command" But the same command works for Quartus Standard version.

VGopa7
Beginner

When i use ip-generate in Intel Quartus Pro, it gives error as "ip-generate is not recognized as an internal or external command"

But the same command works for Quartus Standard version.

What is the equivalent command used in Quartus Pro ?

Below is the command and the error log:

C:\intelFPGA_pro\19.2\quartus\sopc_builder\bin>ip-generate --output-dir=. --file-set=QUARTUS_SYNTH --component-name=altera_fp_functions --component-param=gen_enable=true --component-param=report_resources_to_xml=1 --system-info=DEVICE_FAMILY="Arria 10" --component-param=fp_format=double --component-param=function_family=ALL --component-param=ALL_function=MUL --output-name=alterafpf_mul_double --component-param=performance_goal=frequency --component-param=frequency_target=200

'ip-generate' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I think in Pro it's quartus_ipgenerate or qsys-script:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-qpp-platform-designer.pdf

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Venu,

The quartus_ipgenerate <project name > [options] command allows you to generate IP components or a Platform Designer system in your Intel Quartus Prime project.

Refer section 6.9 in user guide.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
VGopa7
Beginner

Hi Anand,

I just want to generate the ip file (.ip file) in the specified location.

The "ip-generate" is used to generate the IP variation file (.ip file) in the specified location in Quartus Prime

But the same doesn't work for Quartus Pro.

I think the "ip-generate" is replaced with some other command in Intel Quartus Pro,

I observed that the "ip-generate" is not present in the installation folder of Quartus Pro.

What is the equivalent command used in Intel Quartus Pro ?

Regards

Venu

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Venu,

use "quartus_ipgenerate" for Quartus pro.

please go through the previous two posts.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
VGopa7
Beginner

Hi Anand,

I was referring to this command "ip-generate" to generate an IP using the script from the command line interface, Below is the link which works for Quartus Standard

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd12182013_862.html

I need the equivalent command for the Intel Quartus Pro.

The "quartus_ipgenerate" does not work in Quartus Pro

Regards

Venu

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Hi Venu,

The qsys-script and qsys-generate utilities to define and generate an IP core using Tcl script 

For command-line use below command.

ip-deploy --output-directory=C:\Users\anand\Desktop\test --component-name=altera_iopll --output-name=pll --family="Cyclone 10 GX" --part=10CX220YF672E6G --component-param=gui_reference_clock_frequency="100" --component-param=gui_output_clock_frequency0="500" --component-param=gui_phase_shift0="0" --component-param=gui_duty_cycle0="50"

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. 

Regards

Anand

test.JPG

0 Kudos
VGopa7
Beginner

Hi Anand,

Thank you for your reply, I want to know the list of auguments that can be provided with the "ip-deploy" command.

Also, i see that the argument "file-set" is not working in "ip-deploy" command. Is there any equivalent argument for "file-set" used in "ip-deploy" ?

Below is the "ip-generate" command with arguments: (The underlined argument)

C:\intelFPGA_pro\19.2\quartus\sopc_builder\bin>ip-generate --output-dir=. --file-set=QUARTUS_SYNTH --component-name=altera_fp_functions --component-param=gen_enable=true --component-param=report_resources_to_xml=1 --system-info=DEVICE_FAMILY="Arria 10" --component-param=fp_format=double --component-param=function_family=ALL --component-param=ALL_function=MUL --output-name=alterafpf_mul_double --component-param=performance_goal=frequency --component-param=frequency_target=200

Can you provide the complete list of arguments used for "ip-deploy" ?

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Venu,

For list of arguments run ip-generate -h

1. IP-deploy is used to generate the .ip file after generation of .ip file you can use quartus_ipgenerate for generating synthesis and simulation file.

Run below command and check.

ip-deploy --component-name=altera_iopll --output-name=pll --family="Cyclone 10 GX" --part=10CX220YF672E6G --component-param=gui_reference_clock_frequency="100" --component-param=gui_output_clock_frequency0="500" --component-param=gui_phase_shift0="0" --component-param=gui_duty_cycle0="50"

quartus_ipgenerate --generate_ip_file --synthesis=vhdl --simulation=verilog --clear_ip_generation_dirs --ip_file=pll.ip pll

Regards

Anand

ipgenerate.JPG

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Venu,

Any update,

Let me know if the previous post has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos