Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Remote Programming don't work - Unable to connect to Quartus Programmer JTAG-Server

Alex70
Novice

Hello Support-Team,

I want program my FPGA over a JTAG-Server. I try everything I found in the Forum to make it run, but I still get "unable to connected".

1.  On both PCs (Remote / Local) I installed the Full Version: Quartus Prime Standard Edition 21.1.0 Build 832
    Forum:
    https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/Unable-to-connect-to-Quartus-II-Programmer-JTAG-Server/m-p/103248/thread-id/20978
  2.  For Enabling the Remote-Client and do other settings I running both Full Versions with admin rights

Forum: https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/support/programmable/articles/000075019.html?wapkw=jtagserver.exe

1. I checked the programming on the Remote-PC over the USB-BLASTER - work fine
  2. I check the connection (ping) from local to remote PC - OK
  3. I verified the SERVER an Client over CMD-Shell with admin-rights

What can I do to make it work?

Where can I find a log file with more information about the connection problems?!

PS: I tried to add pictures - but after that the Post Button is no longer active?!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Can you share me how do you setup the JTAG server on both remote pc and local pc?

0 Kudos
Alex70
Novice

Hello YuanLi,

I do the following ...

Server (Remote-PC):

1. Start the Full Version with Admin-Rights (GUI)
  2. Open the Programmer (Tools~Prgrammer)
  3. Programmer~HardwareSetup : [Hardware Settings] => Currently selected hardware = USB-Blaster [USB-0]
  4. Programmer~HardwareSetup : [JTAG Settings] => JTAG Servers = Local / OK
    => Button: Configure Local JTAG Server = Enable + Password
    Alex70_0-1650355784138.png
  5. Button: OK + CLOSE

Client (Local-PC):

1. Start the Full Version with Admin-Rights (GUI)
  2. Open Recent-Projekt => Compile Results are still available
  3. Open the Programmer (Tools~Prgrammer) and select/add the *.sof file
  4. Programmer~HardwareSetup : : [JTAG Settings] => JTAG Servers
    => Button: Add Server => Enter Server name + password
    Alex70_1-1650356265564.png
  5. Connecting Status don't finished
  6. After Close and re-opening the Window I get "Unable to connect"
    Alex70_2-1650356434850.png

I try also the connection by using the command-shell programms jtagconfig.exe amd jtagserver.exe

best regards
Alex

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Looks like the flow to setup is correct but the connection is not up. Can you check your firewall restriction? Probably can try allow a program by "Add a Program dialog box, browse to <Quartus II installation directory>/bin/jtagserver.exe".

0 Kudos
Alex70
Novice

OK, it was the Firewall-Setup. There was an incomplete setting. I add now both directions. Now it works fine.

Thanks and best regards
Alex

0 Kudos