Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Reusing schematics

Gerhard56
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am a newbee and so I started to try out small parts of my target design.

Now I want to start a new project and I want to reuse this parts to compose the next level.

I didn't find any starting point.

I also want to have some test bench. Uptil now I started a simulation and key in the FPGA input clock periode, but I think there should be something to tell the system to remember that settings.

Lot of the links behind the 'Help'  buttons pointing to non existing web pages. So it is not easy to learn using Quartus.

I use the newest version of Quartus Prime Lite.

With best regards

Gerhard

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Hi Gerhard,

I would suggest you go through here https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Wiki/University-Workshops/ta-p/735639

Or

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/topics/fpga-academic/learn/workshops.html

It provide a workshop and step by step user guide for new Quartus user.

Let me know after you attended the workshop, you still have question for it.

0 Kudos
Gerhard56
New Contributor I

Thanks.

My problem with Quartus Prime Lite is, that most of the links behind the help buttons were dead (V 20.1.1), so its hard to find good infos.

Will try to go through this material asap.

With best regards

Gerhard

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Thanks, let us know if you have more question.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos