Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

SignalTap - Feature Request - Signal Row Color Customisation

SparkyNZ
New Contributor II

Hi. I think this would be a fairly simple feature to add but the benefits would be massive.

Can you please consider adding customisation of the row foreground and background colors in the SignalTap signal display please?

On a wide screen with lots of signals, it can be really hard to see which signals you want to look at. Yes, you can select one row and that changes the background, but it would be good to be able to color-code individual signals. I'm sure you could add a "Customize Color.." option where the "Bus Display Format" option is today in the context menu.

Mock up example:

SparkyNZ_0-1672444884840.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Thanks for the great idea!

I have filed an enhancement request to the engineering team.

Hopefully this feature will be added in their to-do list.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Well, you still need to be able to change the bus display format, but I like this idea a lot!  You could even create a color filter that could highlight, for example, which signals caused the logic analyzer to trigger (basically the trigger-enabled signals but maybe when the "final" signal toggles and causes the trigger).

RichardTanSY_Intel

Thanks for the great idea!

I have filed an enhancement request to the engineering team.

Hopefully this feature will be added in their to-do list.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

RichardTanSY_Intel

As I have submitted the enhancement request to the engineering, I will now transition this thread to community support.

Do take note that the request may takes times to implement, based on engineering resources.

Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos