Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Stuck at functional simulation for waverform simulation editor (URGENT HELPP)

Nazfull
Beginner

I'm designing a project for my university project and successfully completed all of the design. However, in the main design file, when I tried to run the functional simulation for it's verification using the University Program VMF, it got stuck after generating the Modelsim Testbench. 

I tried a lot of stuffs and it is still stuck.. all of the design had been compile and simulated before I integrated all of it into one design file, but when all of the design are place in the design file, the simulation of waveform using functional simulation does not work though the compilation is successful.

Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Which version of Quartus are you using? From the message, your ModelSim executable directory is most likely wrongly set.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nazfull
Beginner

I am using Quartus II 13.1 Web edition as recommended by my lecturers

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Sorry, your problem has nothing to do with EDA setup. How did you generate the testbench? Can you provide your qar file? Go to Project->Archive Project to generate the qar file.

There are many reasons as to why a software is not responding, the following approaches may help solve your problem:

1. Make sure your OS is up to date 

2. Kill any heavy background running while using Quartus

4. Reinstall Quartus and relaunch 

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!

0 Kudos