Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16842 Discussions

Technical Support Request - QEAA720

Greg6
Beginner

Hello,

Customer is having a questions to Quartus license: Hello, We bought an "old" version of Quartus from you in 2019. The part number is: SW-QUARTUS-SE-FLT Now we would like to update to the new license mentioned above: SW-ONE-QUARTUS I have a few questions about this, the answers to which I have not found anywhere:

1) We would like to continue to use Quartus as a floating license to use. How do we ensure this?

2) What happens to old IPs that we have already purchased? For example: IP-NIOS Are these IPs compatible with the new Quartus version?

3) SystemVerilog and Device Support. According to the data sheet, you can use both versions (Standard / Pro) of Intel Quartus with the license. However, there are differences in the supported devices.

If we use our previous devices Stratix5, can we not use the Pro version and therefore lose full SystemVerilog support? Could you advise on that?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I'm not sure about 1 and 2 (someone from Intel probably knows), but for 3, Stratix V has always only been supported in Standard, which I presume is what you've been using all along, so I'm not sure what you are thinking you would be losing.  Standard has always had not as great support for SystemVerilog as Pro.

0 Kudos
Greg6
Beginner

Hello,

I hope you are well,

Please take it as a friendly reminder,

Could you please provide any new?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

For Q1), SW-ONE-QUARTUS come with fixed and floating. This could be decided upon generating the license.dat file.

Q2) Based on my understanding, Yes, older IPs that have already been purchased, such as IP-NIOS, are compatible with the new Quartus version.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

I hope all is well. We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter. It is not recommended to keep a Case idle too long without activities. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos