Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Tere is error when creat Traffic Generator Connection

lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi all,

I face one problem, when I use EMIF debug toolkit to test DDR4 board which is build by myself, and I get one example design under customize the requirement of the DDR4 which I need when I generate the EMIF IP.  I compiled this example, and downloading .sof file into fpga. I open the EMIF debug toolkit and can create Memory Interface Connection, I can make sure that the calibration is completed and successful and can re-calibrate the IP through downloading the intruction through the EMIF DEBUG TOOLKIT to the IP. But when I creat Traffic Generator Connection, there is always one error that blocks me to do next operation.

About the information: I enable " Add EMIF Debug Interface" and select " Use configurable Avalon traffic generator 2.0" &  Export Traffic Generator 2.0 configuration interface.

The error picture :

lambert_yu_0-1625023858172.png

So about my problem, could one give me some advice?

Brs,

Lambert

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What is your target device and what version of Quartus are you using?

0 Kudos
lambert_yu
Beginner

hi sstre,

The target device is arria 10 10ax115n2f45e1sg

generated EMIF IP VersiOn :quartus pro 17.1

debug version :quartus pro 17.0 

brs,

lambert

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The Traffic Generator 2.0 (TG2) is not supported in that old version of Quartus.  You need to use at least 20.1 Pro.

Why it was an option in older versions of the tools is a mystery.

This training goes into detail on TG2.  The training refers to Agilex, but I think it's supported in Arria 10 as well:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/course/oagmem104.html

0 Kudos
lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi sstrell,

Though I can not create the Traffic Generator connection through EMIF Debug toolkit,  that means I can not use many feature of the TG2.0 tool, I want to know if the traffic_gen_pass is asserted after TG2.0 IP in example project runover the some pattern (default traffic pattern, repeated-writes/repeated-reads test pattern, and stress pattern) under one datarate,  can I think that the EMIF IP works well at the current frequency?

Brs,

Lambert

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Whenever you reset the TG (TG or TG2), it goes through its pattern.  But as mentioned, you're going to have to change your options to use the original TG and recompile your project to make this work unless you move to 20.1 or later (but even then you'd have to regenerate and recompile).

0 Kudos
lambert_yu
Beginner

I have not got the key information,that means I still do not know  

can I think that the EMIF IP works well at the current frequency when I only use previous method.

0 Kudos