Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Timing analysis after analysis&synthesis step in Quartus 14.

BISIK
Beginner

I want to find maximum frequency(or slack time) of an arithmetic operation in Quartus14. But Timequest analyzer, give a Run Fitter before Timequest error, when creating nets. Is there a way without complete place&route, doing timing analysis?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You can create a post-map timing netlist (you have to choose it manually from the Netlist menu in the timing analyzer) and perform an analysis on that, but it won't represent final timing in the design.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GuaBin_N_Intel
Employee
I presume NO for your question. To do any timing analysis, user must pass through synthesis and fitter. Without creation of netlist that targeting to a specific device, you won't get the Fmax result.
0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You can create a post-map timing netlist (you have to choose it manually from the Netlist menu in the timing analyzer) and perform an analysis on that, but it won't represent final timing in the design.

0 Kudos
BISIK
Beginner

Thanks @sstrell​ , I know, there is an option in Vivado. After "synthesis", it's possible to see timing, results change after implementation bevause of routing factors.

But I wasn't sure in Quartus.

d.png

Then, as you say, I select post-timing from netlist menu. Netlist loaded in TimeQuest.

Thanks.

0 Kudos