Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16594 Discussions

Timing report with signal names

MichaelB
New Contributor I

Hi,

I have a question regarding Timing Analyser:

Is there a possibility to show all signals names in the detailed timing summary?

My starting node is:

separator|prev_parser_state_d[0][2]~RTM_6|q

it goes through a lot of combout*** named cells.

I would prefer showing the signal/port names instead of the physical resource used in FPGA.

Is there a configuration to switch this setting?

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: timing analysis with SDC is based on physical nodes in the design.  What you're seeing is the start of a path specified as the q output of a register, part of the get_pins collection in the SDC timing netlist.  When you look at a timing report in the timing analyzer, you can always cross-probe the node to other tools in Quartus, so you can see where this node is in your design.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: timing analysis with SDC is based on physical nodes in the design.  What you're seeing is the start of a path specified as the q output of a register, part of the get_pins collection in the SDC timing netlist.  When you look at a timing report in the timing analyzer, you can always cross-probe the node to other tools in Quartus, so you can see where this node is in your design.