Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15315 Discussions

Timing report with signal names

MichaelB
New Contributor I

Hi,

I have a question regarding Timing Analyser:

Is there a possibility to show all signals names in the detailed timing summary?

My starting node is:

separator|prev_parser_state_d[0][2]~RTM_6|q

it goes through a lot of combout*** named cells.

I would prefer showing the signal/port names instead of the physical resource used in FPGA.

Is there a configuration to switch this setting?

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: timing analysis with SDC is based on physical nodes in the design.  What you're seeing is the start of a path specified as the q output of a register, part of the get_pins collection in the SDC timing netlist.  When you look at a timing report in the timing analyzer, you can always cross-probe the node to other tools in Quartus, so you can see where this node is in your design.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: timing analysis with SDC is based on physical nodes in the design.  What you're seeing is the start of a path specified as the q output of a register, part of the get_pins collection in the SDC timing netlist.  When you look at a timing report in the timing analyzer, you can always cross-probe the node to other tools in Quartus, so you can see where this node is in your design.