Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16804 Discussions

Unable-to-checkout-a-license-Vsim-is-closing

iamtongliang
Beginner

Dear supporter:

When I try to run RTL simulation. There is error message shown, Unable to checkout license. ……. The detail message is shown in the attached files.Quasta read the right dat fileQuasta read the right dat filevsim report error about the licansevsim report error about the licansethe file herethe file heresystem env reportsystem env report

I run quasta on the Ubunto. I have set LM_LICENSE_FILE paramter in the profile. Please check the picture attached.

Please help.

Thanks a lot

Liang

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Liang, we would like to inform you that we are routing your query to the dedicated team for further assistance.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Either Questa doesn't like the dash ("-") in your path or it's the fact you're missing "licenses" in your LM_LICENSE_FILE variable.

Strangely, you have /licenses in the path in Quartus but the file is placed one level higher in /FPGA.  Do you have an old file lingering around?

0 Kudos
iamtongliang
Beginner

Dear sir:

Thanks for your reply at first. I have not any other licanse files. Since this is the first time to install the Quatus and try to learn something about it. Is it possible to mail new right license files to me? 

Please help me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III
I don’t think you need a new file. Like I said, it’s probably an issue with your path to it.
0 Kudos
iamtongliang
Beginner

Yes. I understand your meaning. Could you give me some suggeetion about the location path or give me some sucessful examples? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Like I said, try fixing your path:

LM_LICENSE_FILE=/home/liang-tong/intelTool/FPGA/licenses/LR-184601_License.dat

0 Kudos
iamtongliang
Beginner

Dear sir:

I forgot to attach the licenses files. They are here this time.

Thanks

0 Kudos
iamtongliang
Beginner

Dear Sir:

I try to do as your idea. But it doesn't work. The message prompted is still same as before. 

I have 2 files about the license. Both of them are dilivered by the intel via email. Please check the capture pictures below about them.

Please tell me how to save them and config the enviorment.

Thanks

VirtualBox_ubuntu24.04.fpga_31_08_2024_09_44_06.pngVirtualBox_ubuntu24.04.fpga_31_08_2024_09_45_27.pngVirtualBox_ubuntu24.04.fpga_31_08_2024_09_52_26.pngVirtualBox_ubuntu24.04.fpga_31_08_2024_09_53_17.png4602.png4601.pnglicansefiles.png

0 Kudos