Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14961 Discussions

Unable to detect intel readback/writeback IP in quartus IP catalog

achandel
Novice

Hi,

I am new to the Quartus world, and have been stuck on an issue.

I am trying to open the intel readback/writeback IP (interl_wrbk_wrbk) in Quartus GUI.

From one of the docs, I understood that any IP will be visible in quartus "IP catalog" if my project directory or IP global search directory has either the *.ip file, or *_hw.tcl file along with all the necessary rtl files. 

I currently have intel_rdbk_wrbk_hw.tcl file (to generate the IP) and all the relevant rtl files mentioned in this tcl file. 

Now, when I open Quartus in this directory, I cannot see this IP in IP catalog.

After this, I updated the Global IP search directory to include the directory from where I copied the *_hw.tcl file, but again, there was nothing.

The aim is to generate the simulation files once I can see the IP in the Quartus GUI, in order to test and debug the logic I wrote to drive this IP (Using Avalon MM-slave interface).

Any pointers on this will be appreciated.

Please let me know if any other information on this is required.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Can you link to the document you're talking about?  I've never heard of this IP.  If it's an "off-the-shelf" IP included with Quartus, it would be in the IP Catalog already.

achandel
Novice

Hi @sstrell,

This IP is specifically for the Altera FPGA board, provided by intel. It is not specific to Quartus. It is normally driven by a master (like Avalon MM) for readback/writeback purposes from the hardware.

Unfortunately, I am not sure If I'm allowed to share the document publicly.

KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Could you share a design and steps to reproduce the error?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY