Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15555 Discussions

VHDL code P2, Is anybody who can help me ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys, 

I have some code for this "project" (photo). I have no idea hot to pair this. Can You help me with port map and signals ? This code is correct ? 

library IEEE; 

use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.ALL; 

entity projekt is 

port(Up,Down, : in std_logic; 

A0, A1, A2, A3: out std_logic); 

end projekt; 

architecture projekt of projekt is 

begin  

s1 <= up  

s2 <= 

entity component is 

port (T: in std_logic 

Clock: in std_logic 

Out: out std_logic); 

signal tmp: std_logic; 

end component; 

Architecture Behavioral of component is 

begin 

process (Clock) 

begin 

if Clock'event and Clock='1' then 

if T='0' then 

tmp <= tmp; 

elsif T='1' then 

tmp <= not (tmp); 

end if; 

end if; 

end process; 

Out <= tmp; 

end przerzutnik; 

begin 

T_FF: T1 port map(T 

T_FF: T2 port map 

T_FF: T3 port map 

T_FF: T4 port map
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You appear to be missing all the port maps, plus I assume a copy paste error as the code is a little odd (there is a begin after the end) 

Please re-post correct code and state what problems you're having
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You appear to be missing all the port maps, plus I assume a copy paste error as the code is a little odd (there is a begin after the end) 

Please re-post correct code and state what problems you're having 

--- Quote End ---  

I replicated only code for T flip-flop. Succession is not important bcs i know hot to sort this code. I don't know how to attribute signals and where they must be. Any suggestions?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What do you mean by "attribute signal"? 

The code is full of syntax errors and incomplete. So without a reasonable code example, and a specific problem, it is hard to understand what you want....
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

What do you mean by "attribute signal"? 

The code is full of syntax errors and incomplete. So without a reasonable code example, and a specific problem, it is hard to understand what you want.... 

--- Quote End ---  

My teacher said : Later, you declare a component for the main unit, signals to connections, components and porting mapping ( with no logic describing how works flip flop) 

I know its uncomplete but want to know how it works, what is it ? And maybe i wll find code in the internet,I need it now rly, I don't asking for much, only to help with that.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The template is something like 

<libraries> entity name_of_module is <generic and port lists> end entity; architecture name_of_architecture of name_of_entity is <all aliases, signals components and constants> begin <processes, signal assignments, port maps etc> end architecture;  

a generic/port map looks like  

label : name_of_component generic map( some_gen => 0 ) port map ( clk => higher_level_clock );
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

The template is something like 

<libraries> entity name_of_module is <generic and port lists> end entity; architecture name_of_architecture of name_of_entity is <all aliases, signals components and constants> begin <processes, signal assignments, port maps etc> end architecture;  

a generic/port map looks like  

label : name_of_component generic map( some_gen => 0 ) port map ( clk => higher_level_clock );  

--- Quote End ---  

Finally good reply:) Thank You o much !