Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

When I try to make and run University Program VWF, it gives this error :"ModelSim executable not found" .

FGECE
Beginner

As a solution, it says that: "To specify a ModelSim executable directory, select: Tools -> Options -> EDA Tool Options

Note: if both ModelSim-Altera and ModelSim executables are available, ModelSim-Altera will be used."

First I have searched and found that i should have “C:\altera\13.1\modelsim_ase\win32aloem\” this file direction and file in my computer but there is no such file and I have reinstalled the program. Still it has same problem.

What can I do for that problem? Thanks...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

So what directory have you installed ModelSim-Altera edition? Point Quartus to that location (the win32aloem directory).

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

In addition to the previous post, please check the below old thread & let me know how it works for you,

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00003yyQA2SAM/cant-launch-the-modelsimaltera-software?language=en_US

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
russesho
Beginner
0 Kudos
russesho
Beginner

If you installed it in : 

C:\altera\13.1_web

you need to go to options => EDA Tool Options and under ModelSim-Altera enter: 

C:\altera\13.1_web\modelsim_ase\win32aloem

Essentially you need to add \modelsim_ase\win32aloem to the install location. 

Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

May I know any update or shall I consider to be case closed?

-Vicky

0 Kudos