Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15323 Discussions

When I try to make and run University Program VWF, it gives this error :"ModelSim executable not found" .

FGECE
Beginner

As a solution, it says that: "To specify a ModelSim executable directory, select: Tools -> Options -> EDA Tool Options

Note: if both ModelSim-Altera and ModelSim executables are available, ModelSim-Altera will be used."

First I have searched and found that i should have “C:\altera\13.1\modelsim_ase\win32aloem\” this file direction and file in my computer but there is no such file and I have reinstalled the program. Still it has same problem.

What can I do for that problem? Thanks...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

So what directory have you installed ModelSim-Altera edition? Point Quartus to that location (the win32aloem directory).

#iwork4intel

Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

In addition to the previous post, please check the below old thread & let me know how it works for you,

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00003yyQA2SAM/cant-launch-the-modelsimaltera-software?langu...

Regards,

Vicky

russesho
Beginner
russesho
Beginner

If you installed it in : 

C:\altera\13.1_web

you need to go to options => EDA Tool Options and under ModelSim-Altera enter: 

C:\altera\13.1_web\modelsim_ase\win32aloem

Essentially you need to add \modelsim_ase\win32aloem to the install location. 

Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

May I know any update or shall I consider to be case closed?

-Vicky