Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Why are all the links to software downloads related to this software null? If I hover over the download button it says "javascript:void(0). Is there somewhere else I'm able to access this software? I'm looking at developing on a Cyclone V.

PHalp
Beginner

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Ignore that, it does not mean what you think it does. The web page is implemented programmatically in javascript. It is not full of hard links to files.

0 Kudos
PHalp
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. If this is the case, how do I download the files? I assumed as the links did nothing that they must be dead​.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

You have to click on the link to initiate the download. Just hovering on it will do nothing. Did you even try clicking on the link?

Javascript must be enabled for that page in your browser. And depending on the page you may or may not have to be logged in to your intel account.

0 Kudos
PHalp
Beginner

Why would you think I didn't click the link? On first click the login page opens, then once I've logged in and click the link again nothing happens. This is why I thought the link was dead.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Well in your original post you never said you tried to click the link, just that you hovered over it. So that is why I asked. Seems a reasonable question, right?

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

May I know, which software(edition/version), IP are you looking for?

Please provide screenshot of specific issue.

you can check below old thread available in Intel community, for Cyclone V you can use (Quartus lite v16.1, v17.0, v17.1, v18.0, v18.1, v19.1),

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006frbLSAQ/cant-login-fpgasoftwareintelcom-so-i-cant-download-any-fpga-tools

Regards,

Vicky 

0 Kudos
PHalp
Beginner

Hi Vicky,

It's difficult to screenshot as it's a link that doesn't do anything when I click it. I'm using this FPGA (https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=205&No=816&PartNo=1) and following guide which says I need the Quartus II web edition v13 (or above I'm guessing). Honestly, I'd be happy with whatever software would be compatible with the cyclone V. I've tried multiple versions of the Quartus software and not one link has worked.

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Have you seen my previous post seriously ?

"you can check below old thread available in Intel community, for Cyclone V you can use (Quartus lite v16.1, v17.0, v17.1, v18.0, v18.1, v19.1)," ----

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006frbLSAQ/cant-login-fpgasoftwareintelcom-so-i-cant-download-any-fpga-tools

For Cyclone V,

CV.JPG

You can download Quartus lite 18.1 lite *.tar file from above link & install.

There might be server/domain issue.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

So I went to the download page: https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/13.0sp1/?edition=web&platform=windows

to try and download 13.0sp1 (which I already use, just trying to redownload a few files).

And it worked, but it took a lot of fiddling in the browser to make it work.

First time I went and tried a download it would work.

Click on link, throws up a legal dialog to agree/disagree (I agreed) and then the download 'save file ...' popped up.

If I tried to do another download it got to the agree/disagree box but after agreeing the save file box never appeared, and the download would not start.

I had to refresh the browser page and then I could get through the file download sequence.

When I tried again right away it failed. Had to refresh the page again for it to work.

I'm using Firefox 64b v73.0 on Win7 64b and have never seen this problem before.

So Intel broke something in their download page, it appears.

This is not unusual, unfortunately.

Ever since Intel took over Altera and moved from the Altera support pages to the abomination of this Intel support website there have been issues.

But that is a rant for another post at another time.

Even now just posting in this dialog is horribly slow, I'm typing about five words ahead of what is on the screen...

Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Have you resolved the issue?

May I know any update or Should I consider that case to be closed?

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
jdegooyer
Beginner

I found that the issue was my ad-blocker. When I turned it off the download worked fine. 

0 Kudos