Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

Why does selecting anything other than standard fit in the fitter CRASH Quartus?

DBay
New Contributor I

Anything involving LL regions or partitions will crash with many different and interesting crash reports if you use anything other than standard fit. If your lucky, it will just spit out errors that don't have anything to do with the state of your project, unlucky it just crashes.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

A design/project is required for Internal Error debug. However, there should be no confidential information disclosed in the forum. Kindly contact your FAE/Intel sales representative to submit a service request to Intel Support team.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Could you send the design for investigation?

0 Kudos
DBay
New Contributor I

No, it is ITAR. You don't work with ITAR or military.

Quartus standard appears to just crash on Arria 10 parts. I have been told that it isn't really designed for that part and to use pro. I have to agree. Standard seems inherently unstable when you use LL regions or partitions.

Pro at least gets farther along, but it too crashes when you get into the fitter. Not from LL regions, since they aren't supported to import/export in Pro, but from something else. Quratus 18.x pro and standard is just an alpha release that crashes on the least thing it doesn't expect.

0 Kudos