Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14945 Discussions

megawizard plugin does not launch

spapp2
Beginner

Hello, i have quartus 16.1. i have a pll that is instantiated and the outputs are set in the project that was given to me. I am trying to open the pll setting to add another output, but cannot get megawizard plugin manager to launch. i do not have the option to launch it from the tool either since i do not see that in the dropdown. how do i get this to open? any pointers are greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Please select the "IP Components" in Project Navigator & then open Parameter Editor as shown below(It will take few moments to open),

pll_editor.jpg

Regards,

Vicky

spapp2
Beginner

​Hi Vicky,

thanks for pointing this out. I see the below message once I do that. I have Quartus 16.1, i'm guessing installing 18.1 will fix this?

Failed to launch Megawizard plugin manager. PLL intel FPGA IP v18.1 could not be found in the specified library paths.

Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

This may be a bug caused by re-branding of Intel IP.

Until this is fixed, you can fix this like below, 

> locate the .lst file of the missing IP in your IntelFGPA program directory(C:\intelFPGA_lite\18.1\ip\altera\altera_iopll), for example for the missing PLL, locate: "altera_iopll_wizard.lst"

> Change the text:

"<ALIAS>Altera PLL v16.1</ALIAS> "

(and higher version numbers) to: 

"<ALIAS>PLL Intel FPGA IP v16.1</ALIAS>" 

make a entry until "<ALIAS>PLL Intel FPGA IP v18.1</ALIAS>" in .lst file & save & then try to open parameter editor.

please let me know , how it works to you.

Thanks,

Vicky