Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

quartus prime programmer tool crashes when uploading sof file.

Rahul92
Novice

I have an issue with quartus prime programmer tool. When I try to upload .sof file of Startix 10 (Apollo S10 platform), it crashes immediately. Moreover, it also doesn’t recognize the device when I press auto detect. 

I am working with terasic Apollo S10 platform and I am not able to program the FPGA. 

I have tried the following:

- Tried with 2 different versions: 21.1, 19.1.

- I have rebooted my pc, but no help.

image_2022-12-14_174023585.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rahul92
Novice

Hi, 

I was using Quartus prime standard version. Then I tried Quartus Prime Pro latest version and it works fine when programming Stratix 10. 

The issue is resolved. 

Regards,

Rahul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You should probably try reinstalling the Programmer and/or the drivers.

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

please update after you re-install the Quartus programmer. we can continue debug from there.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Rahul92
Novice

Hi, 

I was using Quartus prime standard version. Then I tried Quartus Prime Pro latest version and it works fine when programming Stratix 10. 

The issue is resolved. 

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Yes, for Stratix 20, you need to use Quartus Pro to program.

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos