Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

quartus::sta not working inside quartus_fit

Diego2
Novice

Hello

I tried using quartus::sta commands in quartus_fit, but it doesn't even let me create a timing model. I'm not sure why it is even possible to load this package inside quartus_fit if one can't use it. I'm failry new to Quartus, though. Have I missed something?

These are the commands I tried.

tcl> package require ::quartus::sdc

tcl> get_ports "clk"
ERROR: Timing netlist does not exist. Use "create_timing_netlist" to create a timing netlist.

tcl> create_timing_netlist
ERROR: The TCL command "create_timing_netlist" is not supported in quartus_fit. It is only supported in quartus_sta. Please use quartus_sta instead of quartus_fit if you want to use this TCL command.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

As stated in the error message, the command you are trying to execute is only supported in the quartus_sta but not quartus_fit. You have to use the supported Quartus executable to execute the commands in certain packages.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You can load any package for any executable, but as you found that doesn't mean you can do anything with it.  What do you want to be able to do?

0 Kudos
Diego2
Novice

That seems to be the case, although the user guide states the following

This package is loaded by default in the following executables:

quartus_fit
    quartus_sta

I want to be able to run timing analysis commands after finishing the planning phase without having to change tools.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may check the Tcl Package Availability by Quartus Executable in https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/tclscriptrefmnl.pdf (Table 3).

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

As stated in the error message, the command you are trying to execute is only supported in the quartus_sta but not quartus_fit. You have to use the supported Quartus executable to execute the commands in certain packages.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos